Reading Marathon Instructions
Reading Marathon Weeks
October 14 – 18, 2013
April 13 – 19, 2014
Purpose: To encourage students to read and receive positive reinforcement towards the reading process. The School Antolina Vélez along with the librarian and school director will choose two weeks during the year, in the first and second semester for this event. The students and teachers are also able to participate in the marathon event. This week will be called: “Super Reader Week and more fun!”
Steps to follow during the marathon event:
1. Explain the idea and ask students from 2nd – 10th grade and faculty who would like to participate.
2. Identify the students who are participating with a tag.
3. Participating students have to follow the instructions that the librarian provides with a special template book report, to evidence that the students have read the selected reading.
4. The lectures don’t need be in English, but in the language of their choice.
5. At the end of the project, we will collect all the information templates to establish who has read the most number of pages. This will be identifying by choosing one from elementary and secondary levels.
6. The selected student will be called “Super Reader”.
7. At the end of the project at April 18, 2014 the student will receive a certificate and a prize. They will be asked to discuss their reading experiences.
How to be a “Super Reader”: Read fast, understand more and remember for longer.
Mrs. C.A. Acevedo, Librarian